|International Trade - Features|
Red Logistics is uniquely qualified to help with your purchasing needs because we think and work strategically to solve purchasing problems, keep your best interest in mind at all times, are experienced negotiators, develop unique purchasing strategies and are highly specialized in the purchasing field.
We customize our Purchasing & Procurement services to meet your needs - whether short or long term. We can be a full-service purchasing department, or we can complement your in-house buyers by providing the services requested. Following is a detail of just some of the things we can do for you:
A. Process Requisition
1. Receive and assess requisition and contact client for clarification, if necessary.
2. Identify and locate any questionable items on the list provided by purchaser.
3. Locate suppliers and secure catalogues and brochures on all types of equipment; forward such material to the Purchaser if necessary.
4. Request competitive bids, if they are required:
? a. Send bids to purchaser for decision; or b. Make decision and place order.
5. Obtain pro-forma invoices to be sent to purchaser for consideration prior to purchase, if required.
6. Qualify vendors and suggest alternatives
7. Contract with major manufacturers directly whenever possible
B. Expedite Orders
1. Immediately after order has been placed, confirm delivery dates of material.
2. Follow up, on a weekly basis, to expedite order until shipped.
3. Assure that order is complete; follow up on partial deliveries.
4. Trace lost or misdirected material.
5. Handle claims against a supplier, insurance company or carrier, if necessary
C. Consolidate, Document and Ship Order
1. Supervise the receipt, consolidation, packing and shipping of orders even if consigned to another freight forwarder.
2. Maintain close liaison with freight forwarder to assure fastest delivery of all required documents to purchaser.
3. Decide on the correct means of transport and suggest to customer
4. Arrange and supervise any required pre-inspections
5. Arrange for U.S. export licenses and other government clearances, as required.
6. Arrange special handling and shipment of hazardous materials.
7. Obtain documentation from each vendor to satisfy FAA requirements.
8. Electronic filing of SEDs on behalf of our customers in accordance to regulations set forth by the Department of Commerce
9. Ship via FAS port or via FOB U.S. port
10. Ship CIF location of purchaser making vendor responsible for cost, insurance and freight.